Friday, December 15, 2006

Hot juicy news!!

I successfully defended my proposal which means (in UT-Austin parlance) that I am now officially a PhD CANDIDATE. I always thought you were a PhD candidate the minute you got accepted into a PhD program. But no - only NOW am I a candidate. Apparently, 45 hours of course work and a successful completion of my comprehensives (not to mention my entire MA) was just wanking off.

Still, I must not think bad thoughts. I'm very happy cuz now "all" I have to do is write a dissertation/book. And teach. And...

1 Comments:

Blogger goshdurnit said...

Way 2 go! I, too, thought that all students were candidates (and I think I wrote that I was a MA candidate in some bio that's published somewhere online. what a douchebag).

8:11 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home