Friday, January 19, 2007

Ok NOW it's official!

It was suggested to me that I STILL wasn't a PhD candidate until I sent off some boring paper work (or rather, e-paper work). With that done, it's official. If a ten ton truck drops from the clouds on me seconds after I publish this post, I will have died a PhD candidate. The graduate school has confirmed my admission into candidacy. My beloved supervisor has approved it. I am registered for dissertation hours this semester. The graduate coordinator in my department has congratulated me. I never have to waste my life in mandatory "advising" appointments again. In short...

I AM NOW OFFICIALLY A PHD CANDIDATE!!!!!!

2 Comments:

Blogger goshdurnit said...

ConGRATS! You've earned them (it?). Now blog about American Idol, dammit. Favorite moment thus far (from tonight's ep):

Simon: You are Commercial, with a capital 'C.'

Contestant: Is that good?

That's the first time I've heard that raised during the show, and the judges (appropriately enough) laughed it off (or maybe they just ignored her and yelled "YOU'RE GOING TO HOLLYWOOD!").

6:52 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yes, congrats my friend. Lovely blog.

7:01 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home