Sunday, December 31, 2006

Top Ten Singles/Albums 2006

Below is the ballot I submitted to the first ever non-Christgau-helmed Pazz & Jop at the Village Voice. Damn right I'm schizy about it. But the man himself is voting. And it's a different world out there now, sorta like a cross between Brave New World and 1984, contrary to what this book says.

The albums list is a mess which is why it comes second (beyond the fact that I'm a singles guy). #10 is pure tokenism and a reissue (of sorts) which I hate including on albums lists. Some of these I've heard only a few times. And with others I either still need to hear them (T.I.: King) or haven't figured them out yet (Dylan). But as usual, I stand by my singles list. Tall.

Singles
1. Lady Sovereign: "Public Warning" (Def Jam)
2. The Federation: "18 Dummy" (Reprise)
3. Mocean Worker: "Under The Matzos Tree (Remix)" (MP3)
4. Justin Timberlake: "SexyBack" (Jive)
5. Mew: "The Zookeeper's Boy" (Sony BMG)
6. Rick Ross: "Hustlin'" (Def Jam)
7. Lily Allen: "LDN" (Regal)
8. Simon Bookish: "Terry Riley Disco" (Playlouder)
9. Skeletons & The Girl-Faced Boys: "Fit Black Man" (Ghostly International)
10. Ceephax: "Hardcore Wick" (Firstcask)

Albums
1. New York Dolls: One Day It Will Please Us To Remember Even This (Roadrunner)
2. Todd Snider: The Devil You Know (New Door)
3. Herbert: Scale (Studio !K7)
4. Sonic Youth: Rather Ripped (Geffen)
5. The Coup: Pick A Bigger Weapon (Epitaph)
6. Beirut: Gulag Orkestar (Ba Da Bing!)
7. Arctic Monkeys: Whatever People Say I Am, That's What I'm Not (Domino)
8. Girl Talk: Night Ripper (Illegal Art)
9. Congotronics 2 (Crammed Discs)
10. Queer Noises 1961-1978: From The Closet To The Charts (Trikont)

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Someday,I would like too "Butter your muffin!"With that muffin I'll have two chicken breeests please!All is well/And missing you like Hell! Hope you will want to talk -I would love to! You are always in my heart N.M.W. Love,"This pussy's got teeth".

11:17 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home