Tuesday, August 18, 2020

Z-O-M-B-I-E-S (Paul Hoen, 2018)

As a lover of genrification, I found this Disney Channel original movie irresistible. Given the target demographic, it's High School Musical with zombies rather than Night of the Living Dead with musical numbers. Still, I'd love to slot it in a double feature with something truly foul like City of the Living Dead (Lucio Fulci, 1980) or, even better, Joe Dante's superb Masters of Horror entry "Homecoming" (2005) to demonstrate the commodiousness of genre. And guess what I'm watching this weekend -  the recently released Z-O-M-B-I-E-S 2 which introduces werewolves! P. S. Fanfic writers, please ship the adorbs Zed Necrodopolis (Milo Manheim) and Bucky (Trevor Tordjman) kthxbye. 

Grade: A-minus 


Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home