Friday, May 01, 2020

Twenty songs I will murder at karaoke when Rona dies

Based on the theory that no establishment will have an instrumental of the New York Dolls' “Puss ’n’ Boots” and that Black Sabbath's "Hole in the Sky" would murder me by song's end, here are twenty hits with which I intend to captivate inebriated audiences once Rona dies (I am categorically opposed to private karaoke booths). I gravitate toward a. women b. songs way out of my bassy range c. wordy, complicated things I hope to mangle e. Robert Plant and his myriad progeny f. duets (and quartets - "Afternoon Delight" is one of my staples). Come sing with me.


1. Jermaine Stewart: "We Don't Have to Take Our Clothes Off"
2. Motley Crue: “Looks That Kill”
3. Guns N’ Roses: “Welcome to the Jungle”
4. Led Zeppelin: “Misty Mountain Hop”
5. Plastic Bertrand: "Ça Plane Pour Moi"
6. “Not Getting Married Today” from Company
7. Pat Benatar: “Invincible”
8. Roxy Music: “Virginia Plain”
9. Alphabeat: “Fascination”
10. Bow Wow Wow: “Louis Quatorze”
11. Cher: "Gypsies, Tramps & Thieves"
12. Pointer Sisters: "Automatic"
13. Beyoncé: "Single Ladies"
14. Dave Edmunds: "Girls Talk" (but I’m changing it to “Boys Talk”)
15. Lizzo: “Juice”
16. Adam and the Ants: “Antmusic”
17. The Sweet: “Teenage Rampage”
18. Barbra Streisand and Donna Summer: "No More Tears (Enough Is Enough)"
19. Paula Abdul: "Cold Hearted"
20. Siouxsie and the Banshees: Once Upon a Time - The Singles (the whole damn album! “Cities in Dust” too!)




Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home