Monday, November 25, 2019

Unknown house megamix c. 1990

I finally have the capacity to transfer audio cassettes to mp3s. And my first project is this unknown megamix most likely from 1990 given the preponderance of hits from that year in the mix. I taped it from a friend's vinyl copy and don't recall anything about the label or disc itself except that it looked like a white label bootleg. I definitely don't recall if a DJ's name appeared anywhere on the package. It's an incredible megamix I've listened to dozens of times, still intimate with its every turn. One thing I've always wanted to know, though, is the name of the raw track that starts at 4:40 immediately after a sample of Public Enemy's "Bring that beat back!" and plays under the vocal from Black Riot: "Just Make That Move." What is it?!?!?!?

Also, as the "Just Make That Move" vocal continues, that beat cuts to another beat at 4:56 that I DO know but cannot place. "Ba. Ba da-dum dum dum-dum." And if I remember correctly, a male vocalist sings along to the beat in the original track. Help?

Here's a Dropbox link to the mix.

Warning: The sound quality is rough but perfectly listenable.

And here are the tracks/samples I've been able to identify to coax more info from the interwebs about this megamix. 

Logic: "The Warning"
"The music just turns me on" from Mike Dread: "Industrial Spy"
Black Box: "Everybody Everybody"
2 in a Room: "Wiggle It"
Madonna: "Vogue"
Masters at Work: "The Ha Dance"
Mellow Man Ace: "Mentirosa"
Peech Boys: "Don't Make Me Wait"
Concept of One featuring Tony Moran: "Dance With Me"
Royal House: "Can You Party"
Liz Torres: "If U Keep It Up"
The It: "Donnie"
Technotronic: "Pump Up the Jam"
Vision Masters and Tony King featuring Kylie Minogue: "Keep On Pumpin' It Up"
Jay Williams: "Sweat"
Adventures of Stevie V.: "Dirty Cash"
Lil Louis: "French Kiss"
Black Riot: "Just Make That Move"
Deee-Lite: "What is Love?"
Black Riot: "Just Make That Move" 
"Bring that beat back!" from Public Enemy: "Rebel Without a Pause"
Black Riot: "Just Make That Move" 
Corina: "Loving You Like Crazy (The Todd Mix)"
Royal House: "Can You Party" 
Black Box: "Ride on Time"
Royal House: "I Can't Quite Understand"
Coro: "Can't Let You Go"
2 in a Room: "Take Me Away"
Royal House: "Can You Party" 
Sinnamon: "I Need You Now"
Ram Jam: "Black Betty"
Total Madness: "The Sounds in the Air"
A Guy Called Gerald: "Voodoo Ray"
Orbit: "The Beat Goes On" (I think)
New Order: "World in Motion"
Tony Toni Toné: "It Feels Good"
Mr. Lee: "Pump That Body"
Queen Latifah: "Come Into My House"
Fingers Inc. featuring Chuck Roberts: "My House (a cappella)" 
Dopestyle: "I'll Bass You"
"Bass!" from Public Enemy: "Bring the Noise"
Sinnamon: "I Need You Now"




Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home